do you find the "right" designer?
* Know what expertise you need for your project.
* Run through each step of the process with the designer. Ask
a lot of questions.
* Be comfortable with the way you are being charged for service.
* Speak with at least three previous clients.
* Talk to contractors and architects the designer has worked
* Understand the design contract.
Above all, the process of designing your office, home, retail
store, kitchen, etc. should be enjoyable. The beauty of working
with the ‘right’ design professional is this: you
have the opportunity to create something never done before -
something just for you, your family, your business. Ideally,
the end result should be better than you imagined...more than
the drawings illustrate.